Good Morning,
This isn't a story about what I did to pay it forward but rather, how it felt to be the recipient of a PIF. A little background is necessary...
Like almost every other American family, my family is struggling to make ends meet between each paycheck. Earlier this week, my bank account got overdrawn by 44 cents. That lead to $165 in overdraft fees. I had to borrow money from a friend to cover the fees and to have money so our baby girl could eat. I have about $10 to my name. We are out of breakfast food at our house so this morning, we decided that I would spend a few dollars and grab a sandwich from McDonald's. We are big believers in eating breakfast and I wouldn't make it through the day without it. I wasn't paying any attention in the drive-thru line, I was multi-tasking. When I pulled up to the window, the woman told me that the gentleman in front of me paid for my meal and only asked that she hand me a business card. It was for The Pay It Forward Foundation. There are no words to describe what this man's simple gesture meant to me. It couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. I don't know who he is but I want him to know that I thank him for the very bottom of my heart and I am honored that I now have the opportunity to PAY IT FORWARD.
Sincerely,
Tiffany
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Drive Thru Pay it Forward
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is what it is all about. We tend to pay for the people behind us in the toll line. Random acts of kindness can make a person's day!!
Post a Comment