My name is Greg Phelps. I am a professional voice over talent in Sandy UT. I read about you in the Adnews. I wanted to write and congratulate you on your success. I also wanted to talk to you a bit about your “PAY IT FORWARD” wrist bands. Up until recently I had all but given up on my fellow man. Seems like there are hardly any good people out there anymore. We have all but lost any semblance of manners let alone think of someone else besides ourselves, especially on the roads. (getting off my soap box)
Not too long ago I joined a forum called “Gearslutz” This forum is for musicians, audio engineers, etc….the topics are all centered around gear, hence the name. There are many famous people that frequent the forum. Who would have guessed that this group would be so generous?
Shortly after I joined a thread was started on the forum titled “More Free Stuff…..Let’s Do It Again” A guy by the name of Robinson Eikenberry started it out by giving away a Grace 101 preamp. This is not an inexpensive piece.
This started a snowball effect….it also has restored my faith in my fellow human beings….
Since the thread started on 16th September 2008, 02:03 PM over 17000 posts have been placed and the thread has had nearly 400000 views. Not much by many standards but what they have accomplished is amazing. They have started their own fund raising group for various charities, they helped one poor family out to the tune of nearly 2000.00 and just recently raised 1700.00 to go to Haiti….and that is not to mention the many thousands of dollars in equipment that has been given away. I have saved the best for last. The best thing about this whole thing is that it has started a ground swell movement all over the world. The folks on the thread are from everywhere on earth. They spread the love, generosity and joy of giving and it is catching on like wild fire.
It’s fun to watch people come to the thread. I think initially many come in to pick up some goodies. Then they end up giving something away and finding out how good it feels.
I was so excited to see the bracelets. I was wondering how to go about getting some. I am not sure how many I need. I would like to spread them around the world.
Thanks so much for doing what you do to spread the message. It is my sincere hope that we are able to spread this to every one in the world.
0 comments:
Post a Comment