Today I was driving home from my daughter's cheer gym...feeling very cruddy. I went into sudden respiratory arrest in June of last year and have had repeated unexplained respiratory incidents since then that have led me to about 60 ER visits. I was feeling sorry for myself and suddenly it hit me that it was Valentine's Day and there were people out there that had no one to give them anything to express their love for them. I stopped at the nearest florist and got a half dozen carnations and took them to the nearest nursing home. I walked in and ran into a lovely elderly woman named Sue who said, "Someone is getting some beautiful carnations today." To this I responded, "Yes, it is you." I thought she was going to weep. She gave me a big hug and thanked me. It made both of us feel so good that I went and bought 2 more bunches and took them to another nursing home. I met a lovely elderly man walking in the parking lot alone, walked up and handed him one bunch, hugged him and wished him a happy Valentine's Day and then took the other bunch in to the receptionist and asked her to talk to the staff and give the other bunch to someone that they thought might need their spirits uplifted today. I hope that it brought a smile to their face. I know it did to mine. If nothing else it took my mind off of my medical problems for a while and reminded me that there are so many other people out there hurting and in need that could use just a small gesture to lift their spirits. Please pay it forward!! The reward is infinite.
Tammy
Monday, February 15, 2010
Carnations + Valentines Day = "PIF"
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment