Hello!
Happy PIF Day!
A while back you sent me 300 PIF bracelets. I had become very ill since requesting them and was unable to start my project as planned. However, in the last few weeks I am almost back to 100% and began giving them away with each little act. I had such a tremendous response. People loved the opportunity to be reminded of why we are all here. I asked a few people to do what I call The Power of Ten. Ten deliberate acts of kindness to strangers with a bracelet given away. At this point I still had about half of the bracelets left and I was struggling with how to get them further out from my circle. I really believe in the power of Pay It Forward. 2 days ago, one of the women I gave a bracelet to came back to me. She asked if I had any bracelets left and I said sure- how many do you want? She said 150?!!! I asked why (with a great deal of excitement). She said her son is a senior in high school and he liked the idea so much when he saw her bracelet that he wants to give them to the whole graduating class as a challenge! I brought them to her yesterday and they will be distrusted tomorrow. I wanted you to know, even when there seem to be set backs and we are down because our plans don’t go our way, there is always another way, we did not design. I can’t imagine how much impact 150 high school seniors will have on their community. Thank you so much for your help in providing the bracelets so I could Pay It Forward.
Julie James
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Happy PIF Day!
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment