CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Making a Difference!


I teach in an Alternative Learning Environment for kids who either...don't fit in the general school population socially or behaviorally. Some are there for excessive absences, failing grades, aggressive behaviors, etc.... Last year, I was able to receive a shipment of PAY IT FORWARD bracelets. I just wanted to share with you what a difference it made for many of my students. I implemented it by introducing 'what it meant' to 'pay it forward' and when a student was observed doing a 'random act of kindness' that was evident, they were awarded a bracelet. All of the staff began this project with a bracelet and the kids really enjoyed it and learned that some things they do on a regular basis are 'random acts of kindness.'

This year my son's FCCLA teacher is implementing it with the 8th graders in a much larger public school setting because my son went to school with his and talking about it!

Thanks for being a part of making a difference!

Lesa Dacus
Jonesboro, AR

0 comments: