CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Buckner Elementary

I contacted you back in March and you were kind enough to send the Pay It Forward bracelets for our project.  You told me to keep you up to date and that's what I'm doing.  I was in charge of my daughters Pay It Forward party at Buckner Elementary in Buckner, KY. Each class had to come up with an idea that would make a positive difference in the community and the kids would learn a valuable lesson in the process. Our class chose to do extra chores at home and instead of getting their allowance they asked their parents to pay it forward to our "cause".  We were trying to raise enough money to buy a Wii for the Kosair Children's Hospital playroom.  I have been working with the Children's Hospital Foundation and we learned that our Wii would be going in the playroom of the 7 West Cancer Care and Renal Center. These playrooms are open 24 hours a day.  The children view these playrooms as "safe places" because no medical procedures are conducted in them.

The kids worked so hard at cleaning siblings bedrooms, picking up what the dogs left in the yard, weeding gardens, some even held bake sales and garage sales.  They were so eager to give their money to our cause and so excited that we accomplished our goal.  I took a picture of the kids with their bracelets on and I wanted to know if it would be possible to share their story on your website along with their picture.  These kids are 2nd and 3rd graders and it may be inspirational to others to know that anyone can pay it forward - and make a difference no matter what your age.

Please let me know.  Thanks again for the bracelets - the kids loved them.

Sincerely,

Cindy Doud

0 comments: