I received a pay it forward wristband a couple of weeks ago. I work as a cross guard near our Elementary school and the weather was very cold and windy and snowy that day and a friend of mine stopped by and gave us some hot chocolate and a wristband and ask us to pay it forward. Wow , I thought that was a great idea.
So I went on with my day and went to work at the Elementary school. The weather was still very snowy and blowing. It was coming down pretty good. As I went through my day I kept in mind some way that I could pay it forward. As I left the school that day, the storm had stopped and there was snow everywhere. I started cleaning the snow off of my suburban and it was alot. I looked around the parking lot and seen all the cars there and thought how tired the teachers would be after school that day, being that it was the last day before christmas break. They had been having parties and sing-alongs. So I thought I should clean the snow off all of teachers cars. That was a great service that day. It felt good to know that I would be helping them out. I eventually got all the cars cleaned off, from all the snow that had drifted and piled throughout the storm.
Later that day I recieved a phone call from someone at the school. And she told me thank you for cleaning off the cars, I just said you are welcome, now pay it forward. =) She gratefully said I definitely will. I have felt very good about what I did that day and it was a great example of service to those who were coming and going that day and to my 6 year old daughter who was with me and helped until she was too cold. I am thankful for that friend who gave me that wristband that day and I am now always looking for ways to pay it forward.
I am also the PTA president at that same elementary school and the thought came to me, how wonderful that it would be for the students and faculty at Greenville Elementary to start the pay it forward in our community. I know it would be a great opportunity for service to blossom in our community. I love this idea of the wristbands.
I would like the PTA to be able to give this as a pay it forward to the school.
Best Regards,
Carrie Kirby =)
0 comments:
Post a Comment