Monday, November 10, 2008
"PIF" with a New Dog!
My name is Jennifer J. I live in Indiana, with my two adorable dogs: a full grown chihuahua named Miracle, and a mix breed pup named Moses.
I have been so fortunate over the years to be the recipent of many wonderful things, mainly donations of furniture and food. I recently read in my local paper of an autistic child whose puppy was stolen, tortured, and ultimately beaten to death. I couldn't believe someone could be so heartless and cruel. It simply broke my heart. After reading the article, I decided that the child had to learn that not everyone in the wolrd is mean spirited and cruel. There are many people out there who love and care about animals, and the people who love them. I got in touch with the detective working on the case, and he got me in touch with the mother. I offered the family Moses, free of charge. It made me feel wonderful to know that maybe Moses would bring joy into a heart that was once so savagely filled with sadness.
*Follow up- Unfortunately, Moses wasn't a good fit for this woman's family. However, she was able to find another dog at a local shelter, and now we get together weekly to walk them all!
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 4:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment