CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Kids Defense Team and "PIF"

As President/CEO of Kids Defense Team our organization is always

Collecting clothing and school supplies for homeless kids and low income families. 

A family near my residence was asking for help because they had no food.

Normally I reach out to the public for donations and it can take up to a week or more.  I knew this family could not wait.  So I took $40.00 out of my own food budget money and ask a friend of mine to go food shopping for this family of four.  My friend is an avid coupon shopper so I know having my friend shop with coupons the money could be stretched further. I delivered the food and the family of four was very grateful.  They have two children.  One child's birthday was coming up and the child wished she could have a pizza for her birthday.  I granted that wish by having a pizza delivered to their house on her birthday. 

This is my pay it forward story.

 

Respectfully,

 

Pam Tomlinson

Kids Defense Team Inc.

0 comments: