CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wow! Must Read!

Hi,


I have a pay it forward story that has changed my life.  My daycare

provider, Lori, has suffered a major family change as her husband was

thought to be having a stroke but instead it turned out to be a brain

tumor.  For the past three weeks, their family has been sitting by his

side as he endures brain surgery, countless other tests and begins to

rehabilitate through OT and PT.  There is chemotherapy and radiation to

come but we continue to believe that he will be all right.  In the

meantime, Lori hasn't been open so she hasn't been receiving any of the

income that she depends on.  


I found a person in our neighborhood who would take my children while

our regular daycare was closed.  She refused to allow me to pay her

although she ended up having my kids at her house for 7 days feeding

them both breakfast and lunch.  She insisted that I "Pay it Forward" and

give Lori the amount that she would have received.  My mom also took

some time off to babysit and asked that we pay Lori for those days as

well.  


Today I delivered the check.  She started to explain that I had overpaid

her but I stopped her and told her that she was paid as if my children

had been at her house the whole time because of the two women who were

willing to sacrifice in this time of need.  


It touched Lori's heart so much.  I know she is receiving numerous

kindnesses during this trying time in her families life, but I know

she'll be the first to 'Pay it Forward' when her turn comes.  I only

wish I could do more.  Her struggles have only just begun as her husband

carries their insurance and only has 2 weeks of vacation left and 4

weeks of medical leave.  After that, Lori isn't sure what they will do

financially.  She is an amazing person and is keeping such a positive

attitude through all of this, I simply cannot express my love and

gratitude for what she has done for my family in the past.  Please keep

Lori in your thoughts and prayers!


Thanks Charley,


Sincerely,


Kimberly Scheuring

0 comments: