I was knitting away in a waiting room while my car was being repaired and had a trivial conversation with a 20-something young lady who was new to crochet and asking questions about creating a shawl for her mom. It seemed from appearances that this girl was not sitting in the lap of financial luxury and then I overheard a conversation she had with her mother about how she needed windshield wipers but probably couldn’t afford them because she also needed money to buy her medications. She felt fortunate to be getting an oil change for free with a coupon. When the repair manager told her the cost of the wipers, she said she would pass. Whatever possessed me, I ran out to the office and told the manager to put the wipers on her car and charge me for them. He was physically stunned and momentarily speechless (I almost laughed) but then said he’d do so.
0 comments:
Post a Comment