Last night I had a interesting experience, I don’t usually ever work my 2nd job on Thursday nights, but this week I did.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Buying Gas and "PIF"
After work I went to the Chevron on Highland Drive and Murray Holladay Road. I put my Chevron card in the pump to fill up with gas and for some weird reason it wouldn’t authorize. That’s never happened before. I went inside to see what the problem was. As I was waiting in line I noticed the clerk was talking to a man that had a red one gallon gas can. He was trying to get one gallon of gas for his car that ran out of gas. For some reason they wouldn’t accept his check. It really cold, it was late and I was feeling really bad for him. I spoke up and said, “do you really just need one gallon of gas?” He said, “yes.” I told the clerk I would buy his gas and to just put it on my card. He was so surprised- as was the clerk. I took my “PAY IT FORWARD” bracelet off and handed it to him and told him to “Pay it Forward” to someone else. He was so overwhelmed! I filled his gas can and he went on his way. It was great!
Leslie
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 5:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment