I am a professor at Pasadena City College, teaching Student Development.
Altogether this semester I am teaching 7 classes, one with 50 students...
This is the short tory of my class. We pay it forward.
First we watched the movie...
the students laughted and cried, but all loved it.
they wanted to know more,
So Second, we went on the web and in groups evaluated and discussed the various
sites, including yours.
Third we wondered if it would work...
So we tried it.
Everyone had to do for three people and then explain to each what Pay t worward was
about. They wrote about each person... Many chose themselves as one of the
recipients of their good works. Each and everyone has changed. They have learned
such lessons as
Sharing is so much better than selfishness.
It makes you feel good to do meaningful things for strangers
It brings smiles to the faces of others
most important that it is contagious.
Three of the girls in my class got their bracelets today.
What a great class
What a great concept
Thank you with every fiber in me... I would hope all teachers would use this film as a
teaching tool. I bought copies for our staff and for several other schools.
You are in my prayers.
PS one of my students said today... "I've stopped counting...It has become a part of
me."
Now I feel like a winner.
Barbara Griffith
Pasadena City College
Friday, October 24, 2008
College Professor "PIF"
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment