Hello,
I was recently in Hawaii visiting my son Nik who is in the Army and deploying to Iraq. We were in the PX on his base paying for our stuff and there was a soldier in line behind us, he was asking to buy one stamp, the cashier told him he had to buy a book of stamps, she could not sell him just one. Then he asked her how much it was and when she told him he didn't have enough money. I had purchased several books of stamps a few months ago and sent one book to a marine I know in Iraq, I had used one book for myself and still had one book in my wallet, when I was putting my change from our purchases in my wallet the edge of the book of stamps caught my eye, I handed them to the soldier. You would have thought I handed him a gold bar or something! The cashier said " see that, mommy to one soldier is mommy to all" I didn't have a PIF bracelet one me and didn't even think of it when I did it. It made my son so proud and I only hope that if he is in a similar situation someone steps up and does the right thing. As we were leaving the PX I thought I wish I could stay there all day and do something for each soldier that needs just one stamp.
Kathy Manoudakis
Boca Raton, Florida
Sunday, October 19, 2008
"PIF" in Hawaii
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment