CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Hands

I'm not a big wig at some company or celeb., I'm just a guy who tries to pay it forward everyday. I'm pretty sure your org. has heard some amazing stories that have reached out and pulled upon your heart strings and honestly I'm not sure mine would even compare. But here it goes and here is the reason I'm asking for some bands.

All my life I've had a gift o being able to look into people past their smiles and walls which they show the world to keep them safe. I don't know when i first started understanding that I could do this but it was early. I started using my gifts to help people that I knew and even people that I had no idea who they were just what I saw in them or the hurt I heard in their voices. I had a rough life which is pretty typical for this day and age it seems... so I took what I went throw and used it as a tool to show others that even when there seems like hope is lost there is still a little light. I've talked with people that are dealing with loss of loved one's, sucide, depression, molestation the list seems endless. In my own way I'm paying it forward. Not asking for a medal here or a pat on the shoulder thats not why I do it, honestly just asking for some pay it forward bands for myself so i can wear one and for the people I speak with. So I can give them one and maybe when they are having a bad day they can look down and see that band on their wrist and remember what we talked about. Here is something I wrote I don't know if this will give you a better understanding of maybe who I am a little.

my hands

I’ve held hearts in the palms of my hands.

I’ve seen into people’s lives and gazed at their hopes, dreams.

These hearts have been my blessing and curse.

It’s my gift I’ve been given to see, hold them since breath was first breathed into me.

It’s amazing to watch hearts heal to feel them beat again but sometimes... there aren’t enough tears for the nights I’ve cried over the ones I’ve lost.

There was nothing I could do as I lost part of me with them too… I’m only human.

The weight of these things is more than people can imagine.

Having these gifts to know, see to the heart of a person… they make memories, marks in the very heart within me.

Every night I look up at the stars hoping, praying for strength and the words to change the day.

1 comments:

R N Tando said...

Kind and inspirational words. Thank you for reminding us to keep things in perspective and to be considerate to others. If we show by good example, hopefully others will follow. I'm suppose to be receiving some bracelets soon and can't wait for my family and I to be an example to others to "pay it forward".
SDnative