CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Get Well Cards and "PIF"

I am doing *Pay It Forward* for a school project. We were supposed to do something out of the ordinary for other people/person, so they can do something nice for another person and Pay It Forward for someone else.
 
What I decided to do was make Get Well cards with little gifts in them for kids in the St. Barnabus hospital in New Jersey. I have made 25 cards. I didn't make them all on my own; I had friends and family make a few because I wanted to have as many as possible.
 
My cousin, Alex inspired me to make cards for kids because she was in the hospital for a long time because she had a brain tumor. She was only 5 years old. She is much better than before but she still struggles to this day.
 
My first idea was to read to kids in the hospital, but they told me I had to be 14 in order to do that. When I came up with the idea of making cards, I thought it would be a real pain because it would take up a lot of my summer. However, I felt good because I was helping others and paying it forward.
 
Sophia

0 comments: