About a week before my summer camp started, one of our family’s best friends, Andy, returned from a business trip to find his house had caught on fire. It just so happened that I was spending the night before camp at his dad’s house, who lives about 10 minutes away from Andy. So my dad drove up there, said good-bye, and I got settled. But I thought, Andy could probably use some help with the house. I asked him if we could drive over there, and he said yes.
If you saw the house, you couldn’t help but fell sorry for him. He told me that he wanted to move everything out that he wanted to keep. We took out everything from dressers and chairs to beds and table. It was long and hard work, but inside, I had a great feeling of kindness. As we drove off to camp the next day, I couldn’t help wondering what Andy would do to pay it forward.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
"PIF" Makes you FEEL GREAT!
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment