CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

PAWS and "PIF"

For Pay it Forward, I volunteered at PAWS, a local animal shelter for cats and dogs. Since you must be over eighteen to help with The dogs, I helped with all of the stray, abandoned, dumped, and unwanted cats. There were few kittens, but they were old enough to eat cat food, so I didn't bottle feed them, but I did help with other cats. Most of them weren't treated well, or they were dumped on PAWS' doorstep, so I played with them and made them friendlier.  Since some of the older cats were abused, sometimes they just wanted to be petted and rubbed. I also helped feeding them and brushing them.  I actually feel really happy about working with these cats, because nearly all of them are depressed. They are locked in cages while people look in on them and then move on to adopt cute little kittens.  I love cats, and I feel as though I made a difference, no matter how small it is.
 
Sincerely,
 
Catherine Foley

0 comments: