CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Everyone Deserves Shoes!!!

My 14 year old daughter has a friend that she spends a lot of time with and is at our house quite often.  She is very kind hearted and sweet and has always been a good friend.  After I got to know her a little bit, I found out that she does not live with her parents and that her Aunt has legal custody of her, (I am not sure of the circumstances).   One day while she was over to the house, I noticed that she was wearing flip flops.  It is the middle of winter and there is snow on the ground.  When I ask where her shoes were she non chalantly mentioned that she just hadn't gotten shoes yet this year. My heart dropped and not long after we were shoe shopping.  No child should go without shoes.  She was grateful and excited to pay it forward, asking immediately when does she get her bracelet.  I am confident that this will not end with her.  

I am very thankful to share the great feeling of sharing and caring with you.

I look for opportunities to help people now.  Thank you for this, payitforwardtoday.org  !!!

Susan Kalma

Interstate Hydraulics

0 comments: