Greetings from a very cold Minnesota!
It seems like there is so much going on this time of year. When people ask me how I'm doing, my typical response has been--"really busy". I think I used to wear this "busy" thing like some badge of honor...then I met Charlie Theisen. Charlie and his wife Jolie live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida--far away from the below zero high temperature for another day...lately, Charlie and Jolie have been spending several weeks in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They've been there before.
For the last eleven years Jolie has been battling cancer and winning. Three times Jolie has fought and won.
At the Cancer Treatment Centers of American in Tulsa, Oklahoma Jolie is now battling her fourth cancer. Charlie's flying in from Tulsa to the snow and cold of Minnesota Tuesday night and my good friend Mike is picking him up at the airport to bring him to Willmar, Minnesota. Tomorrow from noon until midnight, Charlie will share a message of love, hope, and encouragement with you. We have all been touched by cancer, or know someone who has.
As I've gotten to know Charlie he has given me such a gift; such a reminder--cherish every moment... Charlie has made me look closely at my own relationships and how, and if, I am cherishing the moments with those I love. About how I am spending my time--the things I am giving my attention to. I have slowed down a bit--I'm paying attention more and not living a blur. There is no gift under any tree that I would not wish for more than the health of a loved one. Everything else is so trivial. I have been amazed at Charlie's absolute love and devotion to Jolie--his uncompromising love. I know quite a few men, including myself that could do better by our partners in demonstrating our love to that special someone...hold your signigicant others tightly, let them know you love them. Pay attention more...
Join us today--tell husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, friends, and co-workers--please join us to hear stories, encouragement, support for caregivers, relatives, music, and more with Charlie from noon-until-midnight to receive Charlie and Jolie's gift of love, hope, and encouragement. Please slow down for a little while and visit us today, Wednesday, December 17th.
The links below will take you directly to the webcast page, a video about the webcast, and a page with more of Jolie and Charlie's story--this is a very true love story.
Thank you
Webcast direct link:
http://www.helloworld.com:80/global_frameset.aspx?target=myworld&ID=hooganaga§ion=show
Link to short video about webcast:
http://tinyurl.com/agift4youvideo
Link to more of the story:
http://tinyurl.com/agift4you
0 comments:
Post a Comment