CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Luckiest Man Alive!

I am a recent recipient of a kidney donated by a friend. I was at Stage V of kidney failure, perhaps months shy of requiring dialysis. I feel like the luckiest man alive.

While your mission is fabulous, tens of thousands of kidney patients still suffer through years of waiting for donors.

My donor and I are interested in promoting the concept of
live kidney donors receiving college tuition credits in return for their donations (along the lines of Obama's plans for national service--Peace Corps or military service--resulting in a 'free ride' through college). In order to qualify, the donor would have donate to whoever was the best match (not a friend or relative). In other words, it would be an anonymous donation, though donor and recipient could be put in touch with one another.

Consider that a kidney transplanted
before a recipient needes dialysis will sidestep years of decreased productivity on the part of the recipient. Not to mention preventing years of physical PAIN, malaise, dietary restrictions, the cost of blood tests, blood pressure (and myriad other) medications, and, of course, the time, cost, and unpleasantness of dialysis itself!

Please visit our blog & join in the conversation 


0 comments: