Kathy's Pay it Foward moment:
Yesterday I had been shopping and went into the McDonalds about 3:00 p.m. I saw an older man sitting in a booth as I got my drink. I went out and got into my car and realized that I had left my cell phone in McDonalds. I rushed back in went over by the man and began looking all around. He said are you ok? I told him I was searching for my phone. We talked and I found my phone in my purse and turned to him and said. "Well, you have a Merry Christmas!" He said to me, "it will be a sad one this year. My wife is gone and I have no money to buy my 2 grandchildren a present." "How old are your grandchildren," I said. They are 6 and 4 years old.
Wait here I said to the man. I went to my car where I had just bought sweaters and shoe slippers and dolls for my grand children Emery and Stella who are the same age. I came back into the McDonalds and gave the old man the presents. His eyes filled with tears. "I can't take these he said". "Yes you can I replied. They are for your grandchildren.
As I drove away I looked down at the white bracelet Susan had given to me that said "Pay it Forward".
Thank you for the opportunity to do this. Steve and I have truly been blessed this year and we are so grateful that we know each of you.
Merry Christmas and love to you all.
Love, Kathy Postma
1 comments:
Kathy,
That's a wonderful story! Thanks from the Pass It Forward Movement!
www.aunitedworld.org
Post a Comment