CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Campers "PIF"

Hey my name is Robyn Perez.  
I am a camp counselor. 
  I was on a wilderness trip with 5 of my 13-15 year old campers (girls)
in the High Peaks of the Adirondacks. 

 We had just finished a day hike up 3 peaks. 
  We had gotten back at 6:30, which is pretty late considering you are not
 supposed to cook past 7 o'clock. It had just started to rain pretty hard
 as we were cooking. This girl came into our campsite, drenched. She
 asked us if there was any room in the lean-to we were staying in.
 And since there was no room because there was 8 of us total, we said no
 and I directed her and her fiancé and their dog to the nearest lean-to. 
  Two hours later we were just hanging out in the lean-to. 
  And all of a sudden that girl came back saying that there was no room in
 that lean-to and asked if she and her fiancé could stay underneath the 
tarp we were cooking under. 
 We said yes, not knowing what else to say. 
  As they walked away, the girls and I looked at one another knowing what 
we had to do.  
We all scrunched together in our sleeping bags to make more room at the
 end of the lean-to.  
I walked over in my rain jacket and insisted that they sleep in the 
lean-to. 
  They were very grateful.  
Just before this trip all the campers were given PAY IT FORWARD
 bracelets. 
  And the next morning as they were getting ready to leave, one of my 
campers gave her bracelet to the couple and said don't thank us, just 
the next time you have a chance pay it forward. 

 I think that’s a good story of kindness. 
  Thank you for your time.

0 comments: