My wife and I make a habit of “Paying It Forward”, trying at least once a week to do something…………
Sometimes it’s just telling the barista at the Starbuck’s drive-thru to pick up the car in back of us………we also live in a community that’s known as a great place for ‘retirement’………..dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, the Home Plate, usually also involves picking an elderly individual (or couple) out of the crowd, and asking our waitress for their check also………..one of the last ones was an older gentlemen who pestered the waiter until he relented and told him who paid – he came up to us with tears in his eyes, and asked if we knew him………my answer was “Yes, you’re a friend of mine – starting today !”…………
I would love to have a dozen or so of the bracelets, so I can pass them out when we do this
Thanks……….
Earl
Director - IT Service Center
Alltel Communications, Inc.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Habit of "PIF"
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 8:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment