Hello pay it forward,
Hey I just wanted to let you know that I have been sharing the Pay it Forward bracelets and story around since we spoke last. It is really awesome to see the results and reactions. I also wanted to tell you about what happened to me this Saturday (8/2/08) while I was working at Chili’s in Riverdale.
I was waiting on a table as normal, kind of on autopilot after a pretty slow shift. It was a family of four, mother, father, son, daughter and they were not very talkative or interactive. The mother noticed the pay it forward bracelet and asked about it. I told her about how I had heard about it and what it was about. She became very excited and wanted to know more. I still had the box that you sent me in my car so I went and grabbed her about five or so. She told me that she worked at a natural food store and has about 5-10 cashiers that work under her supervision and thought that it would be great to get them involved. I finished taking care of them and handed her husband the bill (which was only $30) and thanked them for coming in. I went to take care of my other tables and when I returned to close out the check, she left me a $50 bill and thanked me for helping spread the word about such a great inspiration.
Its funny how people have the power to do good things at any given moment, but never really have inspiration to do so unless prompted by some other means. Thank you for creating the means for inspiring good deeds. I hope that you see all of the return and more for your effort into this project.
Have a great day
Ryan Wilson
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Working at Chili's
Posted by Pay it Forward Members at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment