I wanted to share a few stories regarding the success of our 'Musicians PAYING IT FORWARD' campaign. Joe Hughes and I started distributing the bracelets this past weekend at two specific shows. THE RESPONSE WAS GREAT! We handed out close to 300 bracelets and made it really 'touch home' when we spoke about PIF and why we do what we do. I've attached an email we received from a patron at our show on Saturday night. She tells of her initial opportunity to PIF and what it meant to her.
On another front, last Thursday Joe and I received a call from our contact person at the USO (we've performed at various benefits for them) telling us that they are in desparate need of a vehicle to transport military families to and from McGuire Air Force Base. Joe and I used our connections with the local Chamber of Commerce who introduced us to an individual who runs a local VFW. That person is purchasing a BRAND NEW 15 SEAT VAN for the USO! When we informed the USO of this news, they were blown away!
We don't know why these events fell into place the way they did, we were just very happy to help an organization that does SO MUCH for so many individuals.
Best Regards,
Danny Rongo
Musicians PAYING IT FORWARD
www.myspace.com/dannyrongo
0 comments:
Post a Comment