CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Bracelets and Books

Sorry it took so long to finally e-mail you to let you know that I did receive the second box of bracelets that you sent me.

We collected about 150 books for the children's hospital and each book has a bracelet attached to it. The hospital thought it was a great idea. We will be delivering the books around the end of the month. I will let you know how it goes.

At the school we are working on our Pay it Forward idea. One of the things that we have come up with is to give all of the children bracelets and tell them that they need to come up with an idea of doing an act of kindness, follow through with it and to pass the bracelet on to that person (this is to be done outside of the school). Each child will be responsible for writing a brief story describing how they used their bracelet. We would then pick a person to read the stories and pick one child from each grade to win an award for their idea. However, all of the children who submit stories will receive a certificate.

I was wondering if you would be interested in being the person who reads the stories and picks the child from each grade who has the most creative idea. I understand that you have a job that I am sure keeps you quite busy, but I just felt that maybe you would be a great candidate for this. You have no connection to anyone in the school so I don't have to worry about people saying it was fixed and you are the person who created the bracelet.

I really do understand if your schedule doesn't leave you with the time for this so please feel free to decline.

We have 600 children in our school. I will not send you 600 stories, instead I will probably read through them and send you about 300.

Again, thank you for your generosity
Illyse Tynan

0 comments: