CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Technology Conference

Thank you so much for sharing with me the Pay It Forward promotion you organized. I'm writing to tell you of its immediate impact.

As you know, I went to the Technology Conference on Friday to assist Peggy from Skills Tutor with her presentation. When Peggy asked if I wanted a gift certificate to a restaurant or to a book store as a thank you gift, I gave her my Pay It Forward bracelet and explained the concept to her.

Later in the day she and I were passing the time in conversation. I mentioned the work I'll be doing at Turtle Nest and asked what the cost of the Skills Tutor might be for their program. Peggy said she would arrange for them to have the program for free (and I received a confirmation of that today)! In her note, she said that this 'grant' to Turtle's Nest is her way of 'Paying It Forward." I know this will make you smile!

I'm so excited to be able to share the software with the students there; the programs include reading, language arts, math, and science.

As always, you are truly an inspiration in my life.

Thanks again. 

B

0 comments: